The Oak Forest Academy Student/Parent Handbook is published by the Administration and Board of Directors and is distributed to the students, parents, faculty, and staff. The purpose of this handbook is to provide helpful and pertinent information concerning all aspects of student life at Oak Forest Academy.
The Administration and Board of Directors try to anticipate as many circumstances as possible. However, if new and/or unusual circumstances arise, the Administration and Board of Directors have the authority to use their discretion in whatever circumstances the handbook may not address. If necessary, the Administration and Board of Directors have the right to amend the handbook when and/or if necessary.
ADDENDUM: Section III - Student Policies
Section III - Student Polices
Section C - Attendance, subsection Tardiness:
Page 34 (Revised10/30/2020)
Tardiness is not acceptable. The homeroom bell rings each morning at 7:55 am; and the tardy bell rings at 8:00 am. During the day, a tardy bell rings three minutes after each class begins. Students entering class after that time will be considered tardy. If a student does not enter the classroom within 20 minutes after the period starts, he/she is counted absent and that absence will apply on the 8-day rule if it is unexcused.
· 5 unexcused tardies = $25.00 charge and (1) unexcused absence with work in classes being unexcused for that class.
· 10 unexcused tardies = $50.00 charge and (1) unexcused absence with work in classes being unexcused for that day.
· 15 unexcused tardies = $100.00 charge and (1) unexcused absence with work in classes being unexcused for that class.
· After 15 tardies each additional tardy will be a $25.00 charge
Tardy counts start over each nine weeks.
Any student who is caught “cutting” class will be disciplined as follows:
· 1st offense, Saturday Detention and $50.00 fine.
· 2nd offense will result in a 2 day suspension.
Page 35 (Revised 01/01/2021)
Tardy count starts over every semester. (Erroneously stated, "nine weeks" in the Handbook)